Youth MP - Apply Now
Are you the next Taupō Youth MP? I want to hear from you!
I'm keen to receive applications from young people in the Taupō electorate to represent their youth community at New Zealand’s next Youth Parliament 2022 that will be held on 18 – 20 July 2022.
I’m looking for someone who has a strong interest in youth issues, democracy, representation and/or politics and who would be able to go out and engage with young people across our diverse electorate.
- Applicants will need to be aged 16-18 years old (inclusive) on 12 November 2021
- Have the ability to go out and engage with the youth in the electorate when the Youth MP tenure starts on 1 March 2022 through to 31 August 2022
- You need to live in and attend a school or an education facility in the Taupō electorate
- I would like to encourage a range of voices to step forward and encourage young people with diverse backgrounds and abilities to step forward.
- Applicants will need to email in an application form and short CV, with a brief pitch of about 500 words about a community or youth project that they intend to undertake during their tenure to [email protected] by no later than noon on 8 November.
- Application forms will be available at all local high schools and colleges or anyone interested (including young people not formally enrolled in an educational institution but who meet the criteria), can email [email protected] for an application form.
- Shortlisted interviews will take place in mid-November, with the successful Youth MP announced mid-December.
Youth Advisory Board
I will also be selecting a Youth Advisory Board from the applicants. This means that, even if you are not successful in being selected the Youth MP, there are still plenty of opportunities to be involved in the electorate and our youth communities through the Youth Advisory Board.
Any questions about Youth Parliament including further qualifying criteria for a Youth MP can be found at www.youthparliament.govt.nz.
For an application form, email [email protected]
Do you like this page?